Leadership is not a kind of birthright or something that comes with a title. It is defined by our actions, and I have come to discover that every one of us, every day, has a chance to be a leader. For some, that happens at work, but for others, it happens at home or in the community. The important thing to remember is that leadership does not need to be complicated but rather, so often, it simply involves the application of a judicious amount of common sense. You also need to carry the right attitude, do the little things well and remember to keep it simple.
11 Common Sense Principles of Leadership
- Always be professional
- Enjoy what you do.
- Be nice – its really not that difficult
- Always act ethically
- Respect time
- Communicate! Communicate! Communicate!
- Be customer focused – they are the reason we are here.
- Work as a team and support one another
- Scan the horizon.
- Make decisions – you can’t please all of the people all of the time.
- Exude energy and enthusiasm.
- Paperback: 148 pages
- Publisher: Balboa Press
- Publish Date: May 2013
- Language: English
- ISBN: 978-1-4525-7348-9